A Sim card is the chip inside your cell phone that enables it to communicate with your network operator. Before the emergence of the smartphone, a cell phone would be useless without the sim card as the sim card is the only chip in your cell phone that allows you to connect with other cell phones. Now, with the integration of personal computer and cell phone, you got this powerful smartphone that can also be able to be utilized without a sim card. Without the sim card, your smartphone can still be connected with other smartphones as long as you are connected to a Wi-Fi. Here we tell about some mobile phone tracking devices.
The GPS in your smartphone can always emit transmission using the internet. By leveraging the connection on the internet, you can still communicate even without the sim card. This also includes the ability to track your phone’s location even without a sim card on your smartphone.
So, how are you able to use that smartphone ability to track your phone without a sim card? Here we show you several ways how you can do just that.
- 1 TRACK USING WEB-BASED TRACKING SERVICES:
- 2 TRACK USING SOCIAL MEDIA APP:
- 3 TRACK USING IMEI NUMBER:
- 4 How to Get Your IMEI number
- 5 TRACK USING GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
- 6 TRACK USING CLOUD SERVICES:
- 7 Glympse GPS Tracker
- 8 Find My friends
- 9 Flexispy Phone Tracker
- 10 HoverWatch
- 11 GPS tracker – FollowMee
- 12 iKeyMonitor
- 13 TheTruthSpy GPS Phone Tracker
- 14 mSpy Phone Tracker
- 15 Mobistealth Mobile Tracker
TRACK USING WEB-BASED TRACKING SERVICES:
Both the iOS and Android Device Manager use internet connection to find and track your phone. It leverages on your phone’s GPS connection to the internet instead of the link to your cell network. Therefore, it can always track your lost phone even without the sim card installed in your phone.
If you are using iPhone, you can log into your Apple account at https://www.icloud.com/#find and track your lost iPhone
Also Read: Best Mobile Number Tracker With Google Map
If you are using Android Device Manager, you can log to https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0
Also Read: Mobile Number Tracker
TRACK USING SOCIAL MEDIA APP:
Social media apps nowadays can track the location of your phone based on the GPS coordinate. This helps the social media platform to send ads based on your location. It also helps to geotag the location of your post. In specific social media app such as Snapchat, it can also show your location on a map.
Your phone only needs the sim card if you want to use the data plan that is connected to your service network provider. Here we show you how to know the location of your phone based on the last login of your devices using the Snapchat account.
Snapchat has the feature of showing your location in a map. You can access this Snapchat map using the website browser. So, if you lost your phone, you can use this web browser to track your phone based on your Snapchat account.
Go to https://map.snapchat.com
Log into your Snapchat account, and you will be able to see your location if your phone is active and connected to the internet.
TRACK USING IMEI NUMBER:
The IMEI number and the ICCID number is two different numbers that identify your cell phone. The IMEI number represents your smartphone, and the ICCID number represents your sim card number. Therefore, if you do lose your phone and the sim card is taken out of the phone, your IMEI number is the next best thing to use to identify and track your phone.
However, your IMEI number is just a number similar to a plate number in your car. However, it is vital information if you want to get your service network operator to assist you in tracking your phone. The network operator can identify your phone by using their cell tower network each time your phone is connected to a cell phone network tower.
How to Get Your IMEI number
And if you are wondering how to know your IMEI number, here are the steps
In General settings of your phone, go to “About.”
You will see your phone’s IMEI number listed here. Keep a record of your phone’s IMEI number somewhere safe in case you lost your phone
TRACK USING GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
Google services such as Gmail keep tracks of your location based on the latest login using your phone. So, if you are using Gmail in your phone, you can use Google account to track your last position.
Here are the steps on how to track your phone using Google account
Log into your Gmail
Go to “Your Devices”
Here you can see your devices that use any of Google services such a Gmail together with its detail that includes the last location you used that service
TRACK USING CLOUD SERVICES:
If you are using cloud storage services in your phone such as Dropbox, you can use that account to help track the last login position of your phone.
Log into your Dropbox account
In your security settings, you can see the login details together with the last login or syncing location that your device have with Dropbox
So, there you have it. Five simple ways how you can track your phone without a sim card in it. Please leave us a comment below on what other ways you know on tracking a phone that has no sim card.
Please also read our previous article on the ultimate guide on how to track the lost phone.
Glympse GPS Tracker
Glympse is a free GPS phone tracker for Android and iPhone that allows you to share the GPS location of your finds and family and track their location too. Once you sent a location sharing request with the target phone to your phone, you will be able to track their location in real time.
- It is free and very easy to use.
- Get the real-time location of your kids on a dynamic map.
- Works stealthily in the background.
- It also supports Apple watch connectivity and an iMessage
- Available for both Android and iPhone.
Supported OS – Android 2.3 and above/iOS 9.0 and above.
Find My friends
Find My Friends is Apple’s native GPS location tracker app for tracking the location of your friends and family. Once you add your kids to your friend’s list, you will be able to track their location as well as set Geofences around places you don’t want them to visit.
- Locate your kids in real time easily.
- It is also possible to share your own location.
- You can hide your own location from your kids.
- Set Geofences and get alerts when your kids arrive or leave a certain location.
Supported OS – iOS 10.0 or later.
Flexispy Phone Tracker
Do you think your kids lie to you about their location? Is there a strong reason to believe that like some past action? Then, with the help of Flexispy, you can track their location in real time. This is among the best GPS location tracker apps for iPhone and Android.
- Highly accurate and reliable GPS location tracker.
- Know your children current as well as past location.
- It can work in the background.
- You can find date and time when the target was at a certain location.
Supported OS – Android 4.0.3 to 8.1/All iOS version up to iOS 11.
HoverWatch is another highly reliable GPS phone tracker for Android. This Android GPS tracker provides accurate GPS location of the target using the Wi-Fi hotspots and GPS system.
- You can track the location of the target anytime.
- Accurate and reliable GPS location.
- Uses a combination of Wi-Fi hotspots signals and GPS system to track location.
- Can track location even when there is no GPS.
GPS tracker – FollowMee
If you want a GPS cell phone tracker for converting an Android and iPhone into a GPS device, then you can use the GPS tracker from FollowMee. With this GPS tracking tool, you can track multiple devices at the same time.
- Track multiple devices at the same time.
- It runs in the background and keeps sending the location of the target.
- Record location data even when no internet is available.
- Available for both Android and iOS
Supported OS – iOS 9.0 or later/Android 2.3 and up.
iKeyMonitor is another tool for parents to keep a close eye on the whereabouts of their kids. Not only this can be used to track the GPS location, but also record or listen to the surrounding voices of the target.
- Get GPS location in real time.
- Set the intervals at which to receive location updates.
- View location history of the target.
Supported OS – iOS 9+/Android 2.3 and above.
TheTruthSpy GPS Phone Tracker
TheTruthSpy is also among the best GPS location tracker for Android and iOS devices. With this, you can get matchless access to target’s location history as well as real-time location.
- An easy to use tool for tracking GPS location of your kids.
- Get a full report of the location history of all the paces that the target went to.
- Also get date and time details for a particular location.
- Track location remotely.
Supported OS – Supports Android up to 7.1 and jailbroken iOS.
mSpy Phone Tracker
mSpy is among the best GPS cell phone tracker apps for Android and iOS devices that also provides some other advanced phone tracking features.
- Check the current location of your kids.
- Track the route followed by the target.
- Set an unlimited number of Geofenced zones.
- Get alerts about when your kid arrives or leaves a particular geofenced zone.
Supported OS – Android 4.0+/iOS (jailbreak) iOS 7 – 8.4; 9.0-9.1/ iOS (without jailbreak) up to 11.
Mobistealth Mobile Tracker
Mobistealth is the last in the list of the best GPS tracking tools for Android and iPhone. it is one of the most reliable tracking tools for parents to know their kid’s whereabouts.
- Track current location of your kids through an online
- It shows complete latitude and longitude of the target.
- Get regular location updates of the target’s location.
- Check the route taken by the target and complete location history.
Supported OS – Android up to 8.1/up to iOS 11.
Parenting is a very difficult task especially when your kids are at an age where they can get very curious. They may be wandering off to someplace and you wouldn’t even know about it. But this habit of theirs can be very dangerous for them. Rather than worrying about your kid’s whereabouts at all times, it is better to use a GPS phone tracker. Using these GPS phone tracking apps on your kid’s Android or iOS device, you will always be aware of their exact location and the places they visit in their mean time. So, you can always be sure that your kid isn’t in any type of danger.