IMEI Checker Apple: IMEI number is a way of identifying a mobile device, you can use that number to check the exact details of your phone or to blacklist your device if it is stolen. You should always check your IMEI number before buying a new device, especially if you are buying a used phone. There is no way to do this. However, your carrier can blacklist the phone to prevent it from being used as a phone, if they offer to blacklist it. So, contact your carrier. Report it to the carrier as stolen.
How to Find Serial Numbers in Apple Devices?
Take a look at the instructions below and learn how to easily find the serial number when you need it. You shouldn’t have any more trouble finding this number for your iPhone, iPad, iPod, HomePod, Mac, or other Apple products.
Where to check first?
Please remember that the location where a device’s serial number can be found depends on the product.
Check out the places below:
- The surface of your product.
- If your device syncs with iTunes, the serial number will be found there.
- On a Mac:
- Open the Apple menu.
- Choose About This Mac.
- Great! Here is your serial number.
- On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod, and Apple Watch:
- Go to Settings.
- Find and select General.
- Select the About icon.
- Very good! You’ve got all the information you need right here!
Missing Product Issue
If you don’t have your product because it was stolen or lost, see the information below. Also, when you are unable to turn on your device.
If you have the original packaging – the serial number is located on the barcode.
For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and iPod cases, check the Devices tab in iTunes preferences to get the serial number.
Take a look at the original product receipt or invoice, as you can also find the serial number of the product purchased there.
What is the serial number / IMEI? How to Find Serial Number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch?
- This is a unique number that identifies each individual device. There is no other gadget in the world with the same IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) or serial number.
- We can compare this to human DNA, which is an immutable distinguishing feature of humans. However, there is not a single exception, as in the DNA case of twins. A better comparison is a fingerprint, which only identifies a specific individual.
What do I need the serial number / IMEI for?
- If you have bought a new device, it is worth checking and taking note of the serial number and IMEI in case of theft or loss. This can be used to identify its make, model, and serial number.
- The IMEI number is a 14-digit string, with an additional 15th check digit to verify the entire string.
- Serial numbers may contain numbers, letters, and other typographical symbols, or may consist entirely of a character string.
iPhone serial number
Read before you start
- These numbers can be found in many places such as Settings, iTunes, on the physical device, and on the original packaging.
- The serial number or IMEI/MEID number can be used to identify your device when you are contacting Apple Support with certain questions.
How do find the serial number, IMEI/MEID or ICCI?
At the very beginning, open Settings.
Still, having some difficulties seeing the number you need? Go to the next sections.
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro max
- iPhone xs
- iPhone xs max
- iPhone x
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s plus
The serial number on these iPhones can be found in Settings, while the IMEI/MEID is on the SIM tray. When you need to identify your mobile while in line with APPLE Helpdesk, however, you are not able to open the setting menu, you can use IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number.
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 plus
- iPhone SE
- Iphone 5s
- Iphone 5c
- iPhone 5
For the above six iPhones, it is possible to find the serial number in Settings and the IMEI/MEID (MEID is the first 14 digits of the IMEI) on the back.
Similarly, once you need some support but you are not able to open the Settings menu, you can use the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number.
- iPhone 3g
- iPhone 3gs
- iPhone 4 (Model GSM)
- iPhone 4s
- The serial number and IMEI/MEID for the four oldest iPhones are located on the SIM tray. The serial number and IMEI are both engraved on the back.
iPad and iPod touch
The serial number for APPLE iPad, iPad Pro, and iPod touch is located on the back of the device. In the case of iPad cellular models, it is possible to find the IMEI number there as well. If you’re wondering what MEID is, it’s the first 14 digits of the IMEI.
iTunes: IMEI Checker Apple
Check out the instructions below and learn how to find this number through iTunes!
- Firstly, connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes, unless it opens automatically.
- Then, locate your device.
- Select the Summary tab.
- Great! Here is all the desired information!
Important: For an iPhone, click on the phone number to find the IMEI/MEID and ICCID.
For an iPad (Cellular model), click b to find the CDN, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
No device around the case: IMEI Checker Apple
- First method
- First, open the browser on your computer and go to the Apple ID account page (appleid.apple.com).
- Secondly, sign in with the Apple ID associated with the particular device.
- Find and select the Device tab.
- At last, select that device.
- Very good! Here you can find the serial and IMEI/MEID number of the device.
- Second Way
- Only effective if you have a device with iOS 10.3 or later signed in to the same Apple ID.
- Open the browser and go to the Apple ID account page (appleid.apple.com)
- Log in with the appropriate Apple ID.
- Select this device.
- Then, go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down to see all the devices signed in to this Apple ID.
- Finally, select the desired device name and view the Serial and IMEI/MEID numbers.
- Barcode method
- If none of the options below were suitable for you, yet you still have the original package of your device, there is another possibility to find these numbers! This is actually the simplest way to find out the IMEI/MEID or Serial Number.
- Find and take the package of the device.
- Flip it over and here you have enough information on the barcode!
What Information Can You Find With the Serial Number Lookup Function?
Our service provides a lot of useful information about Apple devices. You can read here the detailed data hidden in the serial number such as:
- Model – the exact model of the Apple product
- Color specification about the color version
- Memory – Variant of storage capacity
- Production date – time of manufacture
- Device age – age from date of manufacture
- factory – a place of manufacture
How to Find the IMEI Number on Your iPhone Using Settings
- Go to Settings > General > About.
- View the serial number on the device. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will see the IMEI number.
- Copy the IMEI by tapping and holding the number, then paste it into the Apple registration or support form to test it.
How to find the IMEI number on your iPhone using the SIM tray?
Straighten a paper clip or find a similarly sized pin or tool. Insert it inside the SIM tray, and push in – not too hard – for the SIM tray to come out.
Look for your device’s IMEI on the SIM tray – it will be on the side where you keep the SIM card.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI number using the Finder on Mac
- Connect your Apple phone to your Mac computer and open Finder.
- In the menu on the left, click on your iPhone.
- Underneath the device name in the General tab, click on any information to reveal the IMEI number – this could be your phone number or Apple Phone model.
How to find the IMEI number for iPhone using iTunes?
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac and plug your Apple Phone into the computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon appearing at the top left.
- iTunes for Mac, with the Apple Phone icon, is highlighted in the top left.
- When you plug in your iPhone a phone icon will appear in the top left. Stephen Ionescu / Insider
- Click Summary on the left-side menu, and then click Phone Number on the right to reveal your IMEI.
How to find the IMEI number if you don’t have your iPhone?
- In your favorite browser, go to the Apple ID page and sign in using your Apple ID.
- On the left-side menu, click Devices.
- On the Devices page, click your iPhone.
- In the pop-up that appears, scroll down and you will find the IMEI of your device.
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen
If you lose your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or think it may be stolen, use Find Me and protect your data.
View your device on a map
To find your device, sign in to iCloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app on any other Apple device you own.
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn’t appear in the list of devices, Find I wasn’t turned on. But if Find I am not on, you can still protect your account.
Mark as lost: IMEI Checker Apple
When you mark your device as lost, you remotely lock it with a passcode, keeping your information secure. It also disables Apple Pay on the missing device. And you can display a custom message with your contact information on the missing device.
Report your missing device to local law enforcement
Law enforcement may request the serial number of your device.
Find Serial Number: IMEI Checker Apple
File Theft and Damage Claim
If your lost iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ along with theft and loss, file a claim for iPhone replacement.
Remotely wipe your device
If you erase a device that had iOS 15, iPadOS 15 or later installed, you can still use Find My to locate the device or play a sound on it. Otherwise, you won’t be able to detect the device or play sound after erasing it.
If you have AppleCare+ with theft and loss, don’t remove the device from Find My or your Apple ID.
erase your device
Contact your wireless carrier
If the missing device is an iPhone or iPad with cellular, report your missing device to your wireless carrier. Ask the carrier to disable your account to stop call, text, and data usage. And if your device is covered by your wireless carrier plan, file a claim.
Remove your missing device from your account
If you have AppleCare+ with theft and loss, don’t remove your lost iPhone from Find My or your Apple ID until your claim is approved.
Go to appleid.apple.com to remove the missing device from your list of trusted devices.
FAQs on IMEI Checker Apple
How do you know if an Apple product is original?
If you have your product’s original packaging, you can check the barcode to find the serial number. You can also find your product’s serial number on the original product receipt or invoice. Or select a product below for details on finding the serial number.
How to check the quality of the iPhone by IMEI?
To view basic information about your Phone or iPad, simply enter its IMEI number or serial number. See how to do it step by step below. 1 – Open https://www.imei.info/ website in your browser, and then enter your Phone IMEI number. Once done, confirm the captcha security and finally click on the Check button.
Which Apple Phones Are Original?
The Phone (retrospectively known as the iPhone 2G, Phone 1, or the original Phone) is the first Phone model and was released by Apple Inc. It is the first smartphone designed and marketed After years of rumors and speculation, it was officially announced on January 9, 2007. And it was released in the United States on June 29, 2007.
What is a Phone copy vs an Apple Phone original?
Original are the screens that have LCDs that were manufactured for Apple. So-called “copy” screens are compatible replacements but designed and manufactured completely independently by third-party companies, notably in China.
How do I verify with Apple?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, click Password & Security in the sidebar, then click Get Verification Code on the right. macOS 10.14 and earlier: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, click Account Details, click Security, then click Get Verification Code.
Can Apple Track a Stolen iPhone?
To find your device, sign in to iCloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app on any other Apple device you own. If your, iPad, or iPod touch doesn’t appear in the list of devices, Find I wasn’t turned on. But if Find I am not on, you can still protect your account
Suggested Link:- US Latest Breaking News