IMEI Checker Android: IMEI stands for “International Mobile Equipment Identity”. This is a unique number to identify the device on the mobile network. You can think of this as your phone’s Social Security number. It consists of 15 digits and is assigned to each GSM phone – CDMA devices have one MEID number. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. And think of it as your phone’s fingerprint — it’s a 15-digit number unique to each device. Also, phone carriers and manufacturers share IMEI numbers to enable tracking of smartphones that may be stolen or compromised
What is an IMEI?
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. In other words, it’s a unique identifier for your exact phone. Today every mobile phone has one, and each one is unique. Like people—no two are alike. Doesn’t that make your phone’s IMEI feel special?
IMEI numbers are 14-16 digits long, with most having 14 digits plus a final verification digit. IMEI is used by carriers and manufacturers alike for tracking purposes. For example, if you send your phone in for repair, this way you know you’re getting your phone back (and not another phone).
IMEIs are broken down using the format 11-222222-333333-4, where the first and second sections define the make and model, and the third is specific to that particular handset. Fourth, as stated above, verify that the IMEI complies with the allocation and approval guidelines.
How do I Find the IMEI Code for Both Android & iPhone?
If you want to track phones by IMEI then first you need to know the IMEI code. Be it an Android phone or an iPhone, the method of viewing their IMEI code is the same.
- Open your phone call interface, enter *#06# instead, and the IMEI code will be displayed automatically.
- On Android/iPhone go to Settings, if you have an Android phone, scroll down directly to About Phone, tap it and find the IMEI code; If you own an iPhone, tap on General and then tap on About, you can see the IMEI code at the bottom.
- If your Android phone has a detachable back cover, you can remove it and view the IMEI number on the battery.
Check IMEI on Android Phone
On Android phones, you can find the IMEI number in the Settings menu. This can usually be found in one of the following locations listed in step four below, depending on the brand and Android version you’re running.
- Settings > About phone > Status
- Settings > General > About device > Status
- Settings> System> About phone> Status
- Settings > About device > Status
- From there, write down the number or take a screenshot.
How to find the IMEI number on iOS:
The IMEI number is also located in the iPhone’s Settings app. Using Settings is probably the best option as it enables you to copy and paste the number. follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Tap General > About.
- Scroll down to locate the IMEI number (look for the group of numbers titled Primary).
- Tap and hold the IMEI number, and copy or take a screenshot for further use
IMEI Check Free Tool for Sim-Locked & Network Detection
Check IMEI Free Sim-Lock As I mentioned above, no tool can provide this kind of information, at least for the time being. There are some companies that used to offer free iPhone IMEI GSX reports, but now Apple has “locked” a lot of GSX accounts because they were hacked and used illegally.
How to track a phone using IMEI for free?
If you already know the IMEI code of a stolen or lost phone, you can try to track your phone by IMEI in the following ways.
Contact cell phone provider/wireless provider
You can also contact the cell phone provider/wireless provider, simply offer them the IMEI code, and ask them to graylist you so they can track your phone continuously.
Ask for the police
If your phone is stolen then you better go to the police, after all, they are professionals to catch the thief. Just offer the IMEI code to the police and trust them they will track down your phone and get it back very soon.
IMEI Tracker for Free (for Android)
- Go to Google Play Store and download an app called IMEI Tracker – Find My Device.
- Open this app, and it will ask you to enter the IMEI code, and a number or two that you trust, it can be your family number or your friend’s number.
- Once your stolen or lost phone replaces the SIM card, a message containing the IMEI code and the exact location and phone number will automatically be sent to your trusted number.
- You can try calling the phone number it asks about your stolen phone or periodically send ‘get lost phone’ to the lost phone to get the real-time location.
Check IMEI on the Box
If your iPhone or Android phone is stolen and you forgot to check and write down the IMEI number, it is still possible to trace it. If you kept the box your phone was bought in, you are in luck as it usually displays the IMEI number on a sticker on one side of it.
Should You Keep Your IMEI Private?
You may have noticed that I have blurred out the Unique Identification section of all the screenshots above. While IMEI isn’t something that should be considered ultra-private, it is something that you shouldn’t broadcast.
Like anything else that uniquely identifies the item in question—a serial number, a car’s VIN, etc. It’s something that can be used for unintended reasons. Like, a clean IMEI can be spoofed and used to make a stolen device appear legitimate. And that’s just one example.
So, this should probably go without saying, but don’t hand over your IMEI to anyone unless they have a good reason for keeping it. If you’re not sure why they want this, ask. If the reason seems incomplete, be suspicious.
But there is one situation when you should share your device’s IMEI: when you’re selling it. This will let the potential buyer do proper research on the phone and confirm that it is both clean and compatible with their carrier. Tap and hold the IMEI number, and copy or take a screenshot for further use
Check Blacklist Status IMEI Free Tool
Here’s some good news, many mobile networks offer free blacklist IMEI checks, so people can quickly and freely check whether their IMEI number is blacklisted or not. This means that first of all, you need to identify which carrier your phone is blacklisted from and then proceed with a free blacklist IMEI check.
Free Blacklist IMEI Check Tool:
- T-Mobile USA Blacklist IMEI Check: https://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx
- Verizon USA Blacklist IMEI Check: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/
- Australia Blacklist IMEI Check: http://www.lost.amta.org.au/IMEI
- Canada Blacklist IMEI Check: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/
- AT&T, Cricket, Sprint, Straight Talk, TracFone, Net10 and MetroPCS USA Blacklist IMEI Check: http://www.checkesnfree.com/
- Ultimate Free Blacklist IMEI Check Online Tool does not provide accurate information but it is a good indication when an IMEI number returns blacklisted. It uses private databases, which are not up to date.
FAQs on IMEI Checker Android
How do I check IMEI on Android?
Finding Your IMEI Number on Any Device
- Dial *#06# from your device.
- Then you will see your IMEI number on your screen.
What is the best IMEI checker?
Identifiedcall.com is the website for you. IMEI Lookup allows you to check your IMEI number and get warranty date, carrier information, blacklist status, purchase date, blockade information, and more. IMEI is a 15-digit number that can be displayed on the phone LCD by dialing *#06# as a phone number.
How can I verify my IMEI?
Dial *#06# and the IMEI number of your device will appear on the screen. Then you can take a screenshot or write it down. Note: Most phones will tell you whether the number displayed is an IMEI or MEID number
Can I scan the IMEI number?
Most users will encounter IMEI numbers when they are required during the registration process. Scanning the IMEI number can also help in improving the customer experience in the store. Instead of typing them in manually, an IMEI scanner can be used to grab numbers instantly, which means waiting times are significantly shorter.
Is there an IMEI database?
The GSMA maintains a unique system known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity Database (IMEI DB), which is a global central database containing the identities of millions of mobile devices (such as mobile phones, laptop data cards, etc.).
What does the IMEI number reveal?
Individuals buying used phones can check the IMEI number and see if the phone is legit or not. Checking the number can also inform users about the country and network the device originated from, warranty, carrier information, and other similar details.
Suggested Link:- US Latest Breaking News